07 November 2006

MAW-10 Subwoofer Project

Originally Posted: 30 October 2006

I am slowly working on getting my new site up and going, but in the meantime, I did manage to put the finishing touches on a DIY Subwoofer project. Below is the front view of a ported subwoofer project using a MAW-10 driver from www.mach5audio.com.

DIY Subwoofer Project

The enclosure is constructed from 3/4" MDF and active power is supplied by a partsexpress plate amplifier. On the underside of the enclosure is a speaker terminal so I can switch between passive and active power. The enclosure was finished with the same cream color paint used on the DIY Fostex FE127E Sealed Bipole Speaker Project.

MAW-10 DIY Subwoofer Project
The driver is still breaking in, but it already outperforms my JBL PB10. For more pictures and information, see the DIY MAW-10 10" Subwoofer Project page.

Update: 5 November 2007

Related Subwoofer Projects:

What's Playing: Monday Night Football

No comments:

Post a Comment