There are a number of improvements to the circuit. With the 5751 driver stage the higher gain of the new tube amp will allow for direct connection of portable MP3 players. The amplifier will produce about 5 to 7 watts of high quality sound with good performance between about 25 Hz to beyond 20kHz. The new amplifier measures very well and Bruce reports that the amp sounds very good with clean, detailed mids and highs and a great sound stage. Complete details for this project are available from the 5751 SRPP / EL84 (6BQ5) Push-Pull DIY Tube Amplifier project page.
Related OddWatt Audio Amplifier Information
- DIY 5751 SRPP / KT88 Monoblock Tube Amplifier Kits
- OddWatt Tube Amp Kits now available from TubeDepot
- DIY KT88 Push-Pull Monoblock Tube Amp Project
- DIY KT77 Push-Pull Stereo Tube Amplifier Project
- DIY EL84 (6BQ5) Push-Pull Stereo Tube Amp Project