|Elekit TU-879S with Fostex FE206E Rear-Loaded Horn Speakers|
However, there is good news - the descendant to to the wildly acclaimed TU-879S, the Elekit TU-8200 is available from TubeDepot (USA). The renowned Elekit designer, Mr. Fujita, has gone back to the drawing board to design a superior tube amplifier kit. The TU-8200 has many enhancements that will allow the builder to enjoy exquisite tube audio in just a few nights.
|Parts - Elekit TU-8200 Tube Amp Kit|
Some of the improvements over the TU-879S include:
- Selectable output modes - Ultra-linear, Triode, or Pentode by changing a jumper on PCB.
- TU-8200 kit ships with a R-core power transformer that supports 4 different voltage environments 100V, 115V, 200V, and 230V.
- Improvements to the audio and power supply circuitry.
- Headphone output.
- Optional Elekit PS-3249 DAC to decode audio directly from computer USB source.
The TU-8200 ships with Electro Harmonix 6L6GC power tubes, but also supports a wide range of other power tubes such as 6CA7, EL34, KT66, KT77, KT88, 6550 (and others) with no modifications and no need to re-bias.
|Elekit TU-8200 - 6L6 Tube Amplifier Kit - Rear|
Elekit TU-8200 Main Specifications
- 2 X 6L6GC, 2 X 12AU7 (can also use KT88, 6550C or EL34)
- Output: Ultra-linear, Pentode or Triode mode (8 ohm loaded):
- 6L6GC (Ultra Linear) 8W + 8W
- 6L6GC (Pentode) 8.2W + 8.2W
- 6L6GC (Triode) 4W + 4W
- Speaker Impedance: 4-6.3 ohm and 8-16 ohm
- Headphone: Standard jack (6.4mm DIA)
- Power Consumption: 60W (with 6L6GC)
- Weight: 14.55lbs (6.6 kg)
- Dimensions: Width 9.92" (252mm) x Height 6.22" (158mm) x Depth 11.22" (285mm)
|Elekit TU-8200 - 6L6 Tube Amplifier Kit|