A solid state power supply comprised of silicon rectifiers and a MOSFET ripple filter with no chokes which helps keeps cost down. The power transformers and audio output transformers are from Edcor who make great quality iron at a reasonable price.
As you can see, this will not be a simple amplifier to construct using point-to-point techniques. Fortunately Pete is selling printed circuit boards on eBay for $50US (September 2009) - search eBay for "The Engineer's Amplifier" or user: pmillett.
Full details for Pete's latest project the DCPP Amp are available on his website.
More Push-Pull Tube Amplifier Projects:
- 5751 SRPP / EL84 SIPP Tube Amplifier
- 6T9 Compactron Push-Pull Amplifier Project
- KT88 Push-Pull Mono Block Tube Amplifiers
- KT77 SIPP (Push-Pull) Tube Amplifier
- EL84 Push-Pull Tube Amplifier Project
- Inexpensive K-12 Push-Pull Tube Amplifier Kits